Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lakeland Homecoming

Austin was the Freshman Candidate for Lakelands Homecoming. I spent HOURS looking for a nice outfit for him to wear. On my way home from Springfield I called Austin to tell him that I got him something and he said, "Mom I just wear my uniform" I could have killed him! He still looked good :) The principal asked if Gavin could be the crown bearer. He was not too excited about it. I told him the principal called and asked if he would do it and Gavin just said, Why would I want to do that. I talked it up and told him that he was picked out of the whole kindergarten. He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "So". I still made him do it because I had already told the principal he would. He did great and looked so cute, except when he started rolling his eyes because it was taking so long!





3 comments:

Sharran said...

Austin is not suposed to be that old. I still remember him as the little toddler who left his snow boot at our house after one snowy winter visit. Do you remember that?
Great pictures. Gavin is so cute! Love what you wrote.

Nelli said...

Austin & Gavin you are both handsome looking stud muffins! :)

Caroll said...

You might as well get used to the whole homecoming thing - you are just getting started!!!! I couldn't help but laugh about you spending hours looking for something nice to wear. Gavin looks absolutely THRILLED in the group pic. Love it!