Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trip to Idaho

We went to Idaho for a Hoffman Family Reunion. Our reunion was supposed to be in Missouri this year but since my brother is sick with cancer we all went to Idaho instead. We went from Sunny 85 degrees to Cold 30-50 degrees. But overall we had a great time most of the time :) We wanted to leave on Friday, but ended up selling cows on Saturday. So we left as soon as we had them loaded and the shipper left. (By the way...those of you who know "DOT" the cow I talked about in my Homemaking lesson.....Yeah that one! She was one that was loaded.....a very funny story.....ask me about it! or maybe I will use it in another lesson or talk!) It was an eventful trip out. We ran out of gas in the middle of NoWhere in the middle of the night...I wasn't driving. Thank goodness for AAA! The back flap thingy on our van blew off which shorted out our tailights (ok, that one is my fault, I took the van through a carwash and broke it partly off. So I tried to Gorilla glue it back, guess it didn't work) But we finally made it safe!
We drove all night straight through...best way to travel with kids in our opinion! It was so nice to have a third driver this year (Thanks Austin!) While driving for a while I looked back at Makenna and this is how I found her asleep...Out of her carseat and on top of all the blankets and pillows...when did that happen!
Sunday morning we stopped Geneva to see our Brother in Law Daryl Teuscher. He happened to be at their ranch for the weekend. It was fun to see him and Gavin and Makenna were happy to get out of the van. They both loaded up with smooth, round rocks.....they were so facinated with them! You can find them in Missouri :) We stopped in Soda Springs Idaho to see a geiser.
AUSTIN
MAKENNAPosted by Picasa
CAIDEN

No comments: